MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vst Will Install On Comp But Wont Open In Logic
futuristicrobot
post Tue 5 Apr 2005, 09:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 63,542

hey there need some help i can install my third party vst's on my mac g5 but it never asks me to direct them to my vst plug ins folder it just kinda installs them off it's own back but then when i go to use logic it doesnt even come up with the option to use them they simply are not there for me to choose i just have the choice of the logic synths and not my imposcar or sonik synth 2 does anyone have any idea how i can solve this???? when i go to my plug-ins folder ther is not a vst folder there is however a components folder which they seem to be in????? PLEASE HELP ME!! sad.gif angry.gif

This post has been edited by futuristicrobot: Tue 5 Apr 2005, 09:57
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
formatj
post Tue 5 Apr 2005, 14:01
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 5,658

Logic does not support VST plugins only Audio Units.
You can run VST plugins using fxpansion's VST to Audio Unit Adapter
Alternatively most plugins are available as both VST and Audio Units.
The plugins installed in your Components folder are the Audio Unit versions. If they don't appear in Logic my guess is that you are running Logic 7 and they don't pass the Audio unit valdation tool. Make sure you download the latest version of the plugin from the manufacturer's website.

More information please. What version of Logic are you using? What OS etc...?

+Quote Post
Marcia
post Mon 6 Mar 2006, 23:28
Post #3

Member No.: 28,916

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to use The Grand 2 (Steinberg) and it won't open as a stand alone, or in Logic Pro 7 as a plug-in. They say it is Audio Unit compatible as well as VST. Steinberg is useless in their customer service, I can't even get a hold of anyone by phone or web or email. Here is more info on my frustrated woes, if anyone can help!?...

I'm using a G5, OSX latest update, Logic Pro 7
Trying to get The Grand 2 to just open and run. I've downloaded and installed their updates... I get an error 1 message that says the plug in can't be found. They are in the plug ins folder, though, listed as 'components' files. I get the same error message when I try to run it as a stand alone program and as a plug in.

Help?

~Rocker Chic

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Wed 8 Mar 2006, 01:26
Post #4

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

You might want to get your money back from Steinberg, most of their plugs are problematic, checkout the plug forums at Cubase.net. you're not alone.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
UP Multimedia
post Wed 8 Mar 2006, 14:22
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 69,997

gdoubleyou... I knew about problematic Steiberg Software too, but forget about getting money back, I live not 20 minutes from where they make it and until recently you could not get a call through... They lost a lot of customers because of their Lack Of Service... They are better now, thought they had the bull by the horns... now the bull has them... That's where I learned the word: Not Supported... I called to ask why one of my Versions of VG worked and the more recent VG Electric Edition did not... They said, and I quote: "It might work but we don't Support it. I said: Huh?

King

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Wed 8 Mar 2006, 22:48
Post #6

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

Doh!

huh.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 12 May 2024, 10:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008