MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multi-track Recording Software, Software that is simple and works in OSX
Dadoo
post Sat 17 Jan 2004, 01:57
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,387

Thanks again all who have given their input into this. Tracktion I've never heard about so I'll check into that as well. And Scott, thanks for the comment on Jasmine. Other than the interface, any other problems? Is it easy to learn and does it give decent results? By the time I'm ready to move into anything more serious like Logic or Cubase, I would have a machine capable of that. For now, I just want to get my music into digital form in a simple affordable way that will sound decent enough. Thanks. The feedback has been great so far! I appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Sat 17 Jan 2004, 19:58
Post #17

Funny thing about Tracktion. I found the website and looked at all the features. Then when I checked the "requirements" it only named Windows systems. So, unless someone knows of a Mac version of that, it would not be an option.

+Quote Post
Sonne
post Sun 18 Jan 2004, 14:09
Post #18

Member No.: 32,427

hi
You should check out ProTools

+Quote Post
jpschmader
post Sun 18 Jan 2004, 18:24
Post #19

Member No.: 15,466

QUOTE (Dadoo @ Jan 17 2004, 18:58)
Funny thing about Tracktion. I found the website and looked at all the features. Then when I checked the "requirements" it only named Windows systems. So, unless someone knows of a Mac version of that, it would not be an option.

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/downloads/

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Sun 18 Jan 2004, 23:53
Post #20

Thanks for the link to the Tracktion website. I guess I didn't dig deep enough in it. All I saw were windows requirements. Thank you!

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Sun 25 Jan 2004, 02:55
Post #21

Okay. A quick poll for anyone interested in offering their advice for a good choice for a newbie like me. After reading all the responses to my topic, I have ruled out Cubasis VST and Pro Tools Free since they are made for OS 9 (or will run only in Classic mode in OS X). I have also ruled out GarageBand for now since much of the iLife 04 suite is not usable by me (no DVD player or burner) and many features of GarageBand require more than my G3 iMac 600 MHz with 512 MB of RAM. So, as far as I can see, for me, for multi-track recording, I am down to the following choices:

Jasmine OS X 1.7.4 $29.95 US (Shareware)
Metro 6 SE $70 US (Commercial)
Metro LX (new, product,price unknown)
Intuem 2.1 $79 US (Commercial)
Tracktion $80 US

Which one would you vote for?

Thank you!

+Quote Post
jpschmader
post Sun 25 Jan 2004, 03:48
Post #22

Member No.: 15,466

tracktion

+Quote Post
thompsot
post Sun 25 Jan 2004, 06:54
Post #23

Member No.: 24,814

If you will never need MIDI, then audacity would be good (and I guess Jasmine, but don't know anything about it). But I was playing with the demo of tracktion, and it is really a VERY nice package for the price.

I have also been looking for a sequencer in the intermediate levels of capabilities and price for a basic computer apps in music course at my university, and have been having trouble finding something suitable (tracktion and intuem are not really because interface is so non-standard). I was excited to hear of Apple's news of Logic Express ($299). I think that will be the ticket. Now if it were just in the same price range as FreeStyle, that would be even better.

Tim

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Tue 27 Jan 2004, 00:57
Post #24

Any other votes?
Thanks!

+Quote Post
Siddy
post Tue 27 Jan 2004, 13:49
Post #25

Member No.: 30,002

Another suggestion, here in England there is a kit consisting of Logic Hit Kit (a baby version of Logic - but has 8 audio tracks, 8 virtual instrument tracks and as many MIDI as you want) a manual and a microphone (the mic is cheap...). It is published by a company called Dorling Kindersley (I don't know if it is availiable elsewhere) and sold from their site or from amazon.co.uk and costs 20 pounds sterling (about 30 USD).
I have been using it, and for a light preoram, it is brilliant - but then I had Logic Platinum on OS9, but couldn't afford to upgrade it.

Clive.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:01
- © MacMusic 1997-2008