MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emagic Aquired By Apple !, Apple bought it all...
lepetitmartien
post Tue 2 Jul 2002, 00:35
Post #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Apple Acquires Emagic

CUPERTINO, California and HAMBURG, Germany—July 1, 2002—Apple® today announced it has acquired Emagic, a leading provider of professional software solutions for computer based music production. Emagic’s most popular product, Logic, is actively used by over 200,000 musicians around the world. Emagic will operate as a wholly owned division of Apple.

“Emagic has set the industry standard for professional music creation and production,” said Sina Tamaddon, Apple’s senior vice president of Applications. “We’re very excited to have the Emagic team join Apple and create more amazing products for musicians.”

Macintosh®-based products account for over 65 percent of Emagic’s current revenues. Emagic’s Windows-based product offerings will be discontinued on September 30, 2002.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.

This press release contains certain “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may vary materially from the expectations contained herein. The forward-looking statements contained herein include statements about the consummation of the transaction with Emagic and benefits of the pending transaction with Emagic. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described herein include the inability to obtain regulatory approvals and the inability to successfully integrate the Emagic business. Apple Computer is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

smile.gif or huh.gif or blink.gif or cool.gif or angry.gif

Sign of comitment (IMHO) or stupid inelegant move?

Note: I'm a DP user wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
prutulz
post Wed 3 Jul 2002, 00:11
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

i liked emagic ... before!

I pray that Apple won't transform Emagic into a "iAudio" (ala iPhoto) team only!

I'm not convinced that Apple will keep the professional line of Emagic product.

i hope i'm wrong angry.gif

--------------------
Prutulz
RTFM... is usually not enough

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 3 Jul 2002, 01:01
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

a few things:

- emagic will certainly loose the windows devellopers… who will catch them ? (got an idea)
- Digi is NO MORE the professionnal audio reference for Apple.
- MOTU can try the windows market whithout too much trouble in devellopement once under X, anyway they don't make their money with software (30% of activity) they were challengers, they stay challengers with a great soft.
- Steinberg… bad bad bad… for professionals, logic with a bit of Apple interfacing would be better and better, and Apple can come now with an Imusic made by great devellopers… hard on the consummer end market.

it's going to be tough!

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Wed 3 Jul 2002, 02:47
Post #4

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

damann wrote:

QUOTE (damann @ Jul 3 2002, 02:11)
as a long term logic user who was thinking about leaving the fold, i cracked open a bottle of vintage champagne and laughed my way to the bottom of the bottle instead, yes, i now use an apple product! tongue.gif
this is groudbreaking news for our community.  cool.gif
imagine the developement money available now! rolleyes.gif
tonos and micrologic as free software bundled with new macs? blink.gif
the part of the press release that cracked me up was "emagic products for pc will be discontinued on september 30th this year" laugh.gif
i raise my glass to the future. tongue.gif
oh yeah, congratulations on the new site guys, excellent! my god, i haven't been so happy since bill gates landed himself in court. laugh.gif
the future is bright, the future is "aqua".  rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
damann
post Wed 3 Jul 2002, 04:38
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,044

get over it guys,
emagic team are still on board, motu haven't shown mac os support in almost a year, plugin developement kits are freely available to us all and steinberg needed a kick in the arse! laugh.gif
these days a sequencer is just so, i love the idea of "iaudio"!
digi have their dicks so firmly up their arses that they should get into professional politics, the windoze developers are currently falling over each other in the race to port their stuff to mac, it's just the beginning! cool.gif
everything apple do, bill and his mates have to copy! they can't wait. a bigger market share for apple means an instant improvement in computer software for everybody.
what's the betting that bill will put in a bid for steinberg? they deserve each other!
have you checked out logic's native plugins? they make steinberg's native efforts look pathetic. £100 to upgrade to logic5 + the vsti money on top, do we need it?
vive la revolution! tongue.gif
os 10.1 already banishing oms, free midi and 3rd party audio drivers to the scrapheap, i'm gonna open anothr bottle of champagne dammit... biggrin.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post
rickparis75
post Sat 6 Jul 2002, 12:49
Post #6

Member No.: 432

Now That's Good news!!!

I'm a convinced protools user but really had enough with them taking our bank account for an endless contribution wink.gif When i look at freinds working on logic i really wonder what the hell i am paying for...

I sure hope that apple will make a real "mac like" version of logic... I would then put all my digi setup in the classified section of MacMusic rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Synthetik
post Wed 24 Jul 2002, 19:39
Post #7

Member No.: 5,668

It took me a couple of days to realize what had happened but once it sunk in I found it kinda funny. biggrin.gif take that PC users biggrin.gif
Its finally my chance to shine.

OK seriously At first I was kinda timid on the idea. not to may buy out work. But I think Apple made a good decision by leaving Emagic as its own company and just taking the PC support away. This was Jobs is not in direct control. I must say though Steve has really been a good thing for Apple I am prouder to be a Mac user today then ever before. His ideas may seem strange and frankly stupid, but they work and I guess thats why he's the CEO of Apple and not me. I am interested to see what LA 6 will be like. Will they make the learning cover shorter huh.gif
will they make the audio work better huh.gif
I guess only time will tell.
And for anyone running a PC and Just bought LA5 I am so sorry. I had a cutomer buy LA5 from me a week before the buy out and he is one angry man. angry.gif .

--------------------
BING BING BLEEP ERRRRRRR[I]

+Quote Post
add9
post Tue 30 Jul 2002, 19:01
Post #8

Member No.: 6,388

rolleyes.gif I honestly don't know if I will notice any change, but I am soooo glad that it wasn't microsoft that bought it biggrin.gif

Hi, by the way. I am new in here and I hope to get loads of help for my future problems....if I get any....

I use Motu828 and Logic 4.8. I also have Softwindows so that I can use Acid.

Are there any other girls around ?

--------------------
"It said Windows 2000 or better on the box, so I bought a Mac"

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 31 Jul 2002, 03:14
Post #9

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Girls Girls Girls!

Well, our beloved miss kiki!

now for me:

Boys Boys Boys! laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bigheaven
post Wed 7 Aug 2002, 04:12
Post #10

Member No.: 4,785

smile.gif Great news.We will get iLogic and for the pro's, full blown "Final Cut Pro" Logic,aiming at the Protools and Nuendo Film Post market.I hope for an improvement in audio editing areas of logic. As a one time user of Spectral Producer,who's software developers went on to produce Paris, I would like to see Logic/Apple head in that direction.In 1995 everyone was telling me to go Windoze,but with this development and OSX core audio just around the corner i'm really going to enjoy the next few years.

--------------------
qaws12

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 18:25
- © 440 Forums 2011