MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Brand Of Ram Should I Choose ?
Milca
post Wed 29 Jun 2005, 08:02
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,854

Hello guys
I have a question about RAM .
I’ve just purchased the Mac dual 2.7 Ghz.
I’m gonna be running a lot of apps. Don’t want to name them all – but from platinum waves.native komplete 2 to BFD and most spectrasonics products.
I’m planning to get 3 gig of RAM total (for now) from third party comp.
I’ve heard that people are buying RAM for Mac from companies like CRUCIAL,KINGSTON, RAMJET ,CORSAIR or SIMPLETECH.
Except Kingston where price is little higher, all other comp. sell 1 GB for about 120$ - 130 $.
And now the question – Anybody can recommend me what would be best choice (which brand)for my 2.7 Ghz Mac? or it does not really matter which I will go with? I would appreciate any answers.

Thanks for your time

Milan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ourmanflinty
post Wed 29 Jun 2005, 12:46
Post #2

Member No.: 48,982

Go for the one that offers the best warranty / guarantee.

--------------------
Simon Flinn
Install & Support Eng, Maintenance, Analog & Digi Electronics
Dist/Dlr background, Fast & Friendly, London & SE Based.
freelance studio support click here

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 29 Jun 2005, 15:49
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

From what I've seen here (we don't have the same trademark where I am), Crucial, Corsair are OK. Real branded Samsung are too (not ram made with Samsung chip, RAM branded Samsung). Danelec is ok too.

Look around in the direction ourmanflinty (hi!) gave, check if the shop says it's mac compatible and check the return policy anyway (just in case)

Now the RAM should be installed in couple, the ideal is to have a bundle of the same lot. Corsair at least sells these bundles. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
CanadaRAM
post Mon 3 Oct 2005, 05:15
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 55,783

It is important that the Serial Presence Detect settings on the module are correctly set for the Macintosh. You cannot tell this from the brand name or the published specification. A PC3200 module from a brand name, like Crucial or Kingston, might be a perfectly good module for PC but may not work in a Mac if it wasn't programmed for the Mac. So you can't just say "Brand x is good" because it matters which specific model of memory it is.

Your best bet is to buy from a reputable seller who tests and guarantees their memory in your specific model of Mac, offers a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost return if it doesn't work.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008